Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Annie Entrekin

Annie Entrekin is mama Mitzi's mama. She passed away on Feb. 14. Yesterday we had the pleasure of going to Gadsden to be at the funeral. Rodney sang with Micah (you guys will always be my favorite pair) three beautiful songs. Mama Mitzi is one of 11 kids. We found out that she grew up in a house with one bathroom. One bathroom and 11kids. And I thought me and Leanne had it pretty rough. God knows us best doesn't He. He knew that people like me and Leanne could not live "back in the day". Claire enjoyed it as we sat in the side room and drank sunkist and a bag of cookies. I think she had two bags of M&Ms on the way there, a bag of cookies, some cake at lunch, and cookies for dinner, oh and sweet tea. She wasnt bouncing off the walls like I thought she would be but on the way home she fell in a hard sleep. She sat in Mama Mitzi's lap during the graveside service and did great. Daddy Jeff was looking all good in his "dress up clothes" as claire put it. Maggie did pretty good. She was exhausted and it took a little TLC to get her to sleep but thank you God for rolls. She chewed on it for most of lunch and she was a happy little pudgeball. I on the other hand was not feeling the best. On the way up there I had this splitting headache and then started feeling really sick to my stomach. I felt really rough the entire day. For lunch I had a little bit of chicken (here is a random thought-why do you always find fried chicken at funeral lunches) and felt a little better but I am pretty sure it was a 24 hour bug. Hope none of you guys that were around me get it! My head still hurts a little this morning but all in all I am feeling much better. (by the way dad, you cant get my germs from reading this blog... :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment