Saturday, January 24, 2009

Trip to Nashville

Rodney had a church planters conference in Nashville this past Tuesday (1/20). Claire went to mimi's house and we loaded up Maggie and headed up there. Its been pretty neat because the past two overnighter road trips we have taken are places that I have never been. We were not the travelin family type growing up. We did go to the beach and I do remember a trip to Six Flags. I remember being so excited that I could not sleep the night before. C'mon six flags. I could understand like Disney World or something but like I said we did not travel much and this was a treat. I also remember listening and loving the music that Leanne grew up on. The song "every time you go away you take a piece of me (but instead of me I would say meat) with you". Not even sure what that song is called but Leanne made fun of me. I didnt care. So back to the Nashville trip... We left out early and arrived in Nashville around lunch time. After a class we headed to the Opryland Hotel. When i told Brook where we were staying she got so excited for me. They took a trip to Nashville around Christmas time a couple of years ago and she talked about how awesome it was. I was just so excited because our room was REALLY BIG compared to what it is now. We had a big king size bed a desk and a big bathroom. We had a meeting that night and then Maggie and I hung out in the hotel the next morning while Rodney went to another meeting. We left out around lunch and dropped by our friends George and Carol Vinson's house. We only stayed for a few minutes but it was a great short visit. We were soon home again. Wow what a fast trip but it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment