Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years


Well, my sweet hubby got a fantastic deal on a hotel just outside of Chatanooga for just the two of us... well the three of us really because we all know Maggie is a "can't leave home without her" gal. Maggie did great! She slept all night and was just her sweet smiling self. Claire stayed at Mimi's house and played with all of her new toys from Christmas. Rodney and I had such a great trip (even if it was only for 24 hours) and it was much needed. We mainly walked around downtown and saw all the neat sights. We walked over the bridge and we also got to eat some yummy Japanese food. I am into the sushi these days. This thrills Rodney and it thrills me because what i get is cheaper than a regular meal (shout out to dad on that one). I lacked 8 mins to make it to the new year. (whats really sad is that it was on Chatanaooga time which was only 11 here) I asked rodney why he did not wake me up. He said I rolled over and said goodnight and he did not think i would have wanted to be woken. But what i really think is that he fell asleep too. So we just said happy new year the next morning. You know its funny with your first baby how you have to have all the bells and whistles. We were going to just make a place on the floor for Maggie that night instead of hauling a pack n play. She ended up sleeping in her car seat all night. A couple of sleepers and of course me and we were on our way. I think our first trip with Claire we packed up her entire room.
Thank you my sweet husband for a much needed little get away. I love you!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys!! Rodney gets the hubby of the year award and it's only the first of January!!
    New blog looks too cute! Way to go cutest blog on the block gal!!
    love you, Brook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you figured this thing out!! GO you. now i need to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of your Chattanooga getaway! Love your new blog, Melinda!

    ReplyDelete