Sunday, November 28, 2010

This year Eric, Susanna, and the kids came down the Sunday before Thanksgiving. We spent Sunday through Tuesday with them and then we spent Thanksgiving day with my family. This Thanksgiving was very special to me.  My mom brought out all of the Christmas decorations and let the girls help put them up. She also went above and beyond with the food. My sister loves to cook and so she always wears the cook's hat when we get together. We laughed a lot as SHE cooked the food.  My Aunt Rie was able to be with us this year. She has been such a huge part of my life. I remember going to her apartment when I was little and helping her decorate for Christmas. I have a lot of wonderful memories with Aunt Rie and pray for many more in my life and in the girl's lives. I think the thing that was most special to me this year was having my dad there with us the entire day. He usually plays tennis and he comes in as we are putting food out to eat. Yes, it was awkward and none of us knew what to do with him being with us all day. He did not even know what to do. I think he even sat down and painted one of Claire's princess pictures while she was outside. It did not matter to me what he was doing.... he was doing it with us. I don't think I could have asked for anything else this Thanksgiving. To my family, I love each of you and I thank God for you.  Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember your mom. She is so sweet! I haven't seen her in probably 15 years. Where do Eric and Susanna live now?

    ReplyDelete