Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Shopping with my Claire-bear

I am one of those women who does not really enjoy shopping. I will say that I do enjoy looking (notice I said looking) at shoes and bags/purses. Every now and then I do make a purchase and it is usually a bag. You can buy bags or purses cheaper than you can shoes these days. I have started pulling out the spring and summer clothes for Maggie and Claire. I have gotten everything for Claire that she needs except flip flops and a bathing suit. I thought I would not have to buy anything for Maggie but it looks like I will be purchasing a bathing suit for her as well because the one that Claire had at this age is too small (shocker). I decided I would look online since I have looked at some stores and have not found what I am looking for(ask granna or my mom about the search for that "perfect" big girl bedding for Claire- and yes they think I am crazy). I was sitting at the computer looking at the swimsuits at target. Claire comes out of her room and here is our conversation- Mommy, what are you doing? I am looking at swimsuits for you and Maggie. Oh, can I look too? Sure. Climb in my lap. Ooooooooo I like that one, no mommy I like the blue one, wait no I like that purple one. Look at that pink one. Well Claire, which one is your favorite? The pink one. Ok, well lets see if we can look for some flip flops. Yeah! What do you think about these Claire? I like those, no wait I think those are cute. Wait, I like the pink sparkly ones. You do. Well, maybe we can get to target and see what they have at the store. OK mommy. -
About 3o min later Claire asked me when she is going to get her sparkly flip flops. I said we would need to go to target to look. She said, "its ok mommy, papa will get them for me (this is her new phrase since papa has a surprise for her every time he sees her... thank you Brunos for going out of business...). I passed this information on to mom and she told dad that Claire said he was going to buy her some flip flops. Yesterday afternoon he came home with not only one pair but two pairs. We went over to their house this afternoon to visit. Dad came home from work and pulled out her shoes and let her open them. The first box had a white and pink pair of flip flops that light up when you walk in them. How fun were these. They are really cute. Claire was really excited about these. Claire got the second box and took the top off and was so excited to find a pair of pink "sparkly" flip flops with butterflies on them. She jumped up and jumped in Papa's arms and hugged him and told him thank you. I am sure at this time Papa's head grew about three sizes. He had a grin on his face and was really excited to see her so excited about the shoes. We have now decided that Papa will be do the shoe shopping. He does a great job. Claire has asked for a swing set and trampoline- we will see how this one ends but I tell you something, if Claire had asked for anything else in the moment right after she hugged papa's neck and told him thank you then I am sure no matter what it was he would have gotten it in a split second. It is such a sweet bond that grandparents have with their grandchildren. Yes, they spoil them and then laugh at us as they give them back to us with chocolate mouths and bags full of goodies but it melts my heart to see the love that they have for one another. And its ok if we are the bad guys sometimes....they are just getting us back for all those fits and long nights.. after all you can't go to grandparents house without some candy. We love you guys!

1 comment: