Sunday, March 1, 2009

Daddy takes Claire camping

Last week Rodney decided to take Claire camping since I was going to be at a conference all weekend. He pulled out his big tent and they had a practice night. He set up the tent in the living room and for about an hour they had a camping trip. Everything was going great until it was time to go to bed. Claire wiggled and squirmed and moved and grooved and finally Rodney decided "off to her bed with her." I was able to catch a few moments on the camera. Claire was so excited. It ended up raining this past weekend so Rodney and Claire were unable to go on their "real" camping trip. I think I got the best end of the deal because Rodney braved it out with both the girls and allowed me to go to the conference baby free. Maggie was such a trooper. Out of sight out of mind. As soon as I walked in the door and she saw me she remembered " oh yeah I am hungry." This is the first time I have been away from Maggie for longer than a couple of hours. Rodney met me around lunch and I was able to feed her and then took her back home. Thank you Rodney for being with the girls and thank you Maggie Rie for allowing me to slip away this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment